Inspired by my kids


When our firstborn was 6 months old we realized that some help in babysitting would be highly appreciated. So we decided to move near to my parents in order to get some help with the baby every now and then.  A year after we moved our second son was born. We were hoping to have a small age difference so the kids could have company from each other. Everybody who has kids in small age differences knows it can be hard time to times but at the same time very rewarding to see them grow and learn new things on a daily basis. I was a stay-at-home mom on that time and was lucky enough to be in a situation where many of my friends had kids on same time as well. When our third baby was born in 2017, our second child was three years old and many of my friends had gone back to work or continued their studies. My parents were still working full time and my husband worked for long hours.

All of sudden the situation with my third baby was completely different. I thought I knew what to expect but the changed situation in my ‘supportive network’ had changed so much that I felt like I become a mom for the first time again!
We had all these ideas how to fix our situation, but it seemed very hard to get help. We would of course get help from our friends and family for the mandatory stuff (visits to the bank, the doctor’s office etc.) but to ask for babysitting to go to the gym or the movies was uncomfortable for me. I felt like a burden.

We started brainstorming with my husband how to arrange our situation. .. Sure we have babysitters in our city, but getting them at the time you want is quite tedious.  Also, our kids weren’t very fond of the sitters who would come to our house since the company providing this service couldn’t promise to send us the same sitter every time.
My husband was saying that what if we could just ask our neighbours and everybody could repay the favour in their own way.
One thing led to another AND THEN it hit me…!


Creating process...

My dream! Alone in the movies 😄


Kommentit

Suositut tekstit