WHAT I MISS FROM THE MAINLAND

This topic was on my mind even before we moved to this remote island! How silly…                         
I was pretty sure what I was going to miss from the mainland so I thought writing this would be a piece of cake.
Little did I know.

Last week we went back to our home in the mainland and visited some of our relatives as well. Of course I was happy to see some of my friends and family members.  I also enjoyed some extra square meters at our home. What surprised me was that I didn’t miss travelling with the car at all, I didn’t miss big supermarkets and shopping malls, I didn’t miss McDonald’s McVegan meals (so much!) or spending time in cafeterias or restaurants that I’ve previously had thought I would!

Coming back to the island was almost like a nice relief. A way to leave the hectic city behind and focus on the things that are far more important at the moment.  Before leaving the island my main concern was how our kids would accept the idea of first going back home and then leaving again.  I asked them before we went back home what they’ve been missing from there. Our oldest son told that he had missed the Apple TV and the younger one told that he had missed the trampoline. 😂

The night before we were leaving back to the island I asked them how were they feeling about everything what had happened in the past few months and they both told me it was nice to go back! That made me very happy too 💓
Going home in a nautical style 

Morning coffee at home 

Great travel buddies! 

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit